Thursday, March 19, 2009

So you'll know where I'm coming from...

For those who do not know me, or for those who do not know me well, I thought it would be best to give you a little background on myself. My past definitely colors my opinions, so I want you to know where I'm coming from.

I am 28 years old. In the past year I have gotten divorced, moved twice (once to another region of the country), and gotten a new job.

I was raised in a strict, evangelical home. We weren't allowed to paint our nails, pierce our ears, wear 'loud' clothing, go to the movies, or dance. (Hence the name of my blog). I left for college at 18 and permanently moved out at 20. Since that point I have been doing my best to recover from the untruths that were ingrained in me as a young woman.

I got my undergraduate degree in Psychology from Trevecca Nazarene University in Nashville, TN. (We'll get into to details of how I ended up there later). I got my master's in Human Development Counseling at Vanderbilt University, also in Nashville. I lived in Nashville for the last 9 years, until my recent move.

Currently I am working in cancer research. I have always loved research and learning.


I am newly transplanted in the St. Louis area making new friends and exploring my new locale.


Hopefully this will serve as a good jumping off point for later posts...

1 comment: